What’s Included in a Senior Move
Move Yourself vs. Move With Us
Move With Us
Senior Moving Process
True Legacy Homes manages the moving process by providing caring, compassionate, and professional relocation services. Our Team works with seniors and their families in all phases of moving, beginning with establishing a customized plan, just for you. Following this we work to sort, label and pack everything in the home. We carefully manage the move and finally ensure you are comfortably settled into your new residence. All senior move managers share a profound commitment to providing excellent service.
1. Initial Consultation in Client Home ▾
- Develop schedule and move details
- Determine packing timeframe
- Photograph residence
- Review new Community floor plan
- Wifi and Tech needs
- Client packing list
- Estate Sale Review
2. Visit New Community and Room ▾
- Review move truck access, safety issues and move path
- Confirm lease/move day with front desk staff
- Photograph room
- Room dimensions & cable location
- Lighting needs/plan
- Furniture staging obstacles- ie wall heater
- Wheel chair/scooter parking
3. Packing and Sorting ▾
- Identify, sort and pack items throughout the home
- Label all large pieces of furniture
- Establish night one essentials
4. Move Day ▾
- Complete move management, oversight and coordination
- Confirm night one essentials
5. Unpacking and IT Support ▾
- Unpack, organize and initial setup
- Make bed, hang and fold clothing
- Ensure night one essentials are unpacked and organized
- Connect TV’s, computers and wifi
6. Interior Design ▾
- Place furniture and accessories
- Hang art and decorations
7. Legacy Review ▾
- Review furniture layout
- Review furniture and property left at the former home
- Make any and all desired changes
- Rest, knowing you have EVERYTHING you need, just where you want it
Senior Moving Questions
Who packs my belongings?
We oversee packing by a professional licensed, insured, and bonded moving company. We work with experienced movers and help you dissect their quotes to ensure you are obtaining the right services for the best value. We ensure your items are sorted correctly and that your valuables are packed in a manner that best protects them.
Do I have to do anything on the day of the move?
No. On the day of the move we meet the movers at your current home and oversee the loading process. We then meet them at your new home to unlock doors, arrange parking, and oversee the unloading process.
What if all my belongings won’t fit in my new home?
We coordinate with the moving company to transport items marked for storage to a local storage facility. We arrange the rental of the storage unit and meet your personal property there to oversee unloading and organization.
Will I have to arrange everything in my new space?
No. Our team arranges all your furniture and household items based on the furniture plan. We hang pictures and clothes, stock cabinets and shelves, setup TVs and anything else that transforms your new space into a home.
Will I need to update my address myself?
No. After you have moved, we can help you change addresses with:
- Friends and Family
- Post Office
- Social Security Administration
- Utility Providers
- Financial Services
- Other service providers
We are committed to protecting your family’s legacy by respectfully handling the sale of your family’s property.
The True Legacy Promise is a guide by which you can set your expectations for any of our services. The standards we set can be used to measure the performance and experience you receive from an estate sale company, whether you hire us or someone else.
Here are our promises to you, if you decide to work with us.
The Legacy Assurance Plan
- We will respect your home and treat it with the utmost care and cleanliness during the process.
- We will respect your family’s wishes.
- We will fairly assess and value your property.
Why We Do It
The Legacy Assurance Plan
We know how stressful it is to look at a home, filled to the brim with decades of personal belongings and not know where to start. Add on the extra work of cleaning and selling a family home and it becomes overwhelming.
Our mission at True Legacy Homes is to lift this burden off of your shoulders and genuinely serve your family through this transition period. We’re here to help, every step of the way.